Sunday, November 05, 2006

Saddam Hussein is sentenced to death!!

This is the latest news from BBC. Well, it is not the latest one indeed, but I certainly published it in my blog way earlier than it is going to be on the Utusan Online. Ha Ha.

Anyway, the verdict is now out. Saddam Hussien, the former Iraqi President has been sentenced to death by the Iraqi court. Click here and here for more stories ( My hands are already aching by now.. bad weather! bad weather! )

I shall not say much on this. But the former dictator did say something in reaction to his verdict, which I found funny.

"Long live Iraq! Long live the Iraqi people! Down with the traitors!"

Yeah. Long live the Iraqi people!! But Mr ex-President, shouldn't you be concerned more about your life now, instead of your fellow country men, as you have JUST been sentenced to DEATH??

It's too late now. Mere words will no longer save him from the death sentence.

*What a dull and unproductive weekend. I am supposed to be doing my reading and research for my EU Law coursework, but it's too chilling cold, and my brain in not functioning well under the cold weather. It's so damn true. Try to speak to me. It will take sometime for my brain to digest whatever have been said to me before I could response to that. Not good. Not good. Anyway, Mr Small and Mr Ikbal (the KYUEM people) are coming to Warwick Uni this evening, and we (the ex-KYUEMians) are supposed to have a meeting with them from 7-9pm tonight. I do not know if I am going, especially when most of the Malaysians at Warwick are yet to come back from the Notts Game. And plus, it's at 7pm!! It's still daylight and the weather is already sooo f*cking cold, I doubt if I would bother to go anywhere outside when it gets dark. Ouh, that of course, comes with an exception, especially when there is money involved. Ha Ha.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

is there justice for Saddam? i still think he is a good leader, despite his 'evil'ness act to his people. it was all a propaganda of u-know-who. haha

November 06, 2006 8:10 PM  
Blogger faisal said...

you think he's a good leader?
fair enough, proof you point then
=)

*i like arguing with people, esp when it comes to the things which i really have the passion for*

btw, dont you have a name, Mr. / Miss / Ms. Anonymous??

November 06, 2006 9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get a life Faisal.

November 06, 2006 10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, i'm not a law student, so my opinion maybe not up to ur expectation :p at least he succeeded to foster Iraqi economy during his authorization. alors, his people can't just treat him like this. there might be a better verdict than this. :((

November 07, 2006 2:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

erm, i know a little about law, not to be ignorant. i still think this is illegal under international law since Iraq is now under occupation. the vercdit is obvioulsy came from u-know-who. what say u, a future lawyer? p/s: i forgot to use my usual nickname, the page keeps remembering that anonymous name plus my laziness to change it.

November 07, 2006 7:57 AM  
Blogger faisal said...

as far as i am concerned, there is nothing illegitimate about then trial.
when he was an iraqi leader, he surely was protected by the blanket of immunity under international law, but that does not apply when he was no longer one. So, he can surely be tried for his crime against humanities. about you saying that the verdict might come from the US and Mr. Bush himself, we certainly have no evidence regarding to that, aight? So there is now way that we could say that the Tribunal and those were involved in it were mere puppets. Few of Saddam Lawyers and a judge involved in this case have been assasinated by the extremist. Do you still think that they would want to risk their own lives just so that they can take part in this fool orchestrated by the US? Think again.

*It's still early in the morning, 830am, it's cold and i just got up from bed. Pardon me for my typo and if have said anything which does not make any sense at all. Shall try to ask someone who is more knowledgable and will later come back to this, that is when I am already awake, as in really awake..

ciao ciao

zZzZzzZZz

November 07, 2006 8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the prophet used to say Ummati..ummati .. ummati.. when the angel of death is taking out his soul.. showing how deep is his love to his ummat

maybe Saddam said dat becoz he loves his Iraqi? ":)

November 07, 2006 9:35 AM  
Blogger faisal said...

you're really making me laugh right here.
Saddam Hussein loves his people? If he realllllllllly does love his fellow Iraqis, why did he launch a military campaign against the Kurds which seen a lot of innocent people (180 000)were killed from it?

Geez, the prophet and saddam hussein are not in any way comparable at all. Prophet Muhammad never once in his lifetime killed an innocent soul.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/6123526.stm

November 07, 2006 12:21 PM  
Blogger faisal said...

by the way
Saddam Hussein is now on his second trial, that is for his crime against the Kurds.

Long Live Iraqi!!

Saddam Hussein - I hope you will die and rot in hell -->> that sounds evil. pardon me for saying that.

November 07, 2006 12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hoho (I sound stupid if i laugh). speechless. i rest my case :p

November 07, 2006 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home